Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just back from stripper dance class!

We had a substitute teacher tonight, Miss Crystal, because Chi-Chi has an out-of-town engagement tonight!  Break a leg, honey, and don't violate any local ordinances!  It was a fun class, lots of working on "traveling," my favorite part of burlesque.  I actually worked up a sweat.  It's cold and rainy tonight, so now I'm brewing myself a cup of tea while dashing off a few lines to you, darling readers.

Thank you for all the positive responses and sweet notes about the new photos I put up Sunday on my flickr!  If you haven't had a chance to see them all yet, follow the link in the blog side bar to a whole new set.  And yes:  I have another session scheduled for next weekend.  Please take the poll or drop me a note if you have requests!

I was thinking, I wish you could smell my photos.  Granny P is quite a connoisseur of fine perfume.  I love perfume in the same way other people love fine wine, and I'm just about as persnickety about it.  As with wine, my taste in perfumes runs to the classic French houses, because, having a French mother and grandmother, that's just how I was raised.  I always really consider what perfume I will wear in a photo shoot to get me in the proper mood.  During the shoot I just uploaded, I smelled like a sweet little white frosted cake!  I was wearing Bal à Versailles (Jean Desprez) perfume and I was dusted with Chantilly powder. 

The French believe a woman's perfume should match her age, hair color and complexion -- did you know that?  When I was a little girl, I couldn't wait to become old enough to wear Shalimar (Guerlain), but a Parisian believes it shouldn't be worn by those under the age of thirty, and is a fragrance for brunettes.  It's what my mother, who was raven-haired, wore.  And then I grew up to be a blond!  Zut!  Alors, I just went ahead and made Shalimar my own anyway.  (Chanel No. 5 or No. 22 would have been the proper Parisian recommendation for me.)  I normally smell like Shalimar, Tabu powder and lipstick.  And sometimes a little guilty cigarette smoke and leather or fur mixed in. 

And did you know that people who love perfume and wear it daily and have a signature scent generally also really love sex?  Well, that's what the French say, anyway!  And they say that if you're wearing leopard print, it means you want to get laid!  C'est drôle, n'est-ce pas?

Sweet dreams!  I'm off to drink my tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment